Speaking from personal experience, travelling abroad has always been one of the most exciting things for me. It will actually end up being the highlight of my entire year because of how excited I would be and also because of how pumped I normally am to explore an unknown and never-been-before country. I will always have a very special place in my heart for most of the countries that I have travelled to because I have certainly had an amazing time in most of them.
- You should be certain that you passport and all your visas are up to date and valid as well. I have seen instances where people have forgotten to check if their passport was still valid and they have had to cancel their trips because they realized that it was expired too close to their trips and you should know that renewal of your passport would indeed take a few days at least, if not a few weeks.
- Wherever you are going, you should make sure that it is safe and you should also check all of the advisories and travel warnings as well.
- If you are deciding to travel to places which are not exactly as clean as your country or maybe you are going to a place where some disease is rampant, you should be sure that you take the right vaccinations for it and also all the right kind of medications for it.
- You should register your trip. You can put in your itinerary and in case of any emergencies they will know where you are. Registration is free, indeed.
- You should make sure that your wallet is stocked full of the currency of the country that you are travelling to. You should also make sure that your wallet stays on your person at all times, and you should also be aware of its presence. There are chances that it could get stolen and that is why you should have some emergency cash in some of your bags.
- Pack appropriately. Do not pack too many clothes and vice versa. You should also pack according to the weather of the place you are visiting.